Hello everyone! I hope your day is going well! As you know today I am doing the Fifty Bookish Questions Tag! So this is going to be a rather long post.
1. What was the last book you read?
The last book I read was Lord of The Flies by: William Golding
2. Was it a good one?
I thought it was a decent book but since I had to read and annotate it I didn’t love it.
3. What made it good?
Well, I found it really interesting how even children can go mad and take it out on each other.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
Probably not my friends but definitely my parents and family (If they heaven’t read it themselves.
5. How often do you read?
As much as possible (Which sadly isn’t much because of school and softball)
6. Do you like to read?
Of course! It is how I spend most of my free time!
7.What was the last bad book you read?
Its been quite a while since I’ve read a bad book but it would have to be The Infinite Sea by: Rick Yancey.
8. What made you dislike it?
Well, it just felt like it kept going on and on and there wasn’t even anything interesting in all that time.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
I would actually love to be an author, it just seems like a hard life when you aren’t a writer full time. Maybe someday I will.
10. Has any book ever influenced you greatly?
There are a lot of books that influenced me, but The Fault in our Stars by: John Green has influenced me greatly. It made me realize the actual pain and acceptance of death when you have Cancer.
11. Do you read fan fiction?
Not very often but I do every once in a while.
12. Do you write fan fiction?
Actually yes! I have an almost 100 page one that no one has ever read except me.
13. What’s your favorite book?
It is not possible to have just one book that is my favorite.
14. What’s your least favorite book?
I absolutely HATE Mystical by: Michael Weekly!! He actually sent me this book to review and I tried and could not finish it. It had grammar mistakes almost every page, the plot was dry, and the whole story just didn’t fit together.
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
I prefer physical books because i’m not allowed to read on electronic devices in schools so physical books are the only way to go. Also that physical books are beautiful.
16. When did you learn to read?
Really early in my life. Probably close to when I was 3 or 4.
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
I really really really loved read Norse Mythology (might be because I have an unhealthy obsession with Loki).
18. What is your favorite book series?
By FAR the Lunar Chronicles by: Marissa Meyer
19. Who is your favorite author?
I have many favorite authors but if I had to choose ONE, it would have to be John Green.
20. What is your favorite genre?
Basically anything YA fiction or Fantasy.
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Once again there are way too many characters to choose from.
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Yes! Most books do that no matter what but Outlander changed me! It felt like I was actually in Scotland!
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
I can’t really think of many books that I wish had a sequel. But most John Green books would be decent with a sequel.
24. Which book do you wish DIDNT have a sequel?
The Giver by: Lois Lowry. That book was amazing the way it was and didn’t really need any of the sequels.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
It really depends on what I have going on. During the winter I can read 400 page books in a week but during the spring, summer, and fall it take a long time to finish books.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
Not really. When I read books I create a world in my head. It really messes with that world I’ve created when a movie is made and it is completely different.
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
Percy Jackson. It didn’t really ruin the books for me but it was a terrible movie (and lets not even talk about sea of monsters).
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
Harry Potter, no question about that. I have always considered Harry Potter to be one of the best book to movie adaptations I’ve ever seen. There are only very minimal flaws!
29. Do you read newspapers?
30: Do you read magazines?
Occasionally, but not very often.
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
32. Do you read while in bed?
That is mostly the only places where I read.
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
34. Do you read while in the car?
Only on long car trips.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
When I have enough free time to spend that I can spend that much of it in the bath.
36. Are you a fast reader?
37. Are you a slow reader?
Didn’t I just answer that question?
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
Only when there is a lot going on.
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
Not silent, If there are multiple conversations I cannot read at all, so mostly I just listen to music then I have no problem.
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
One of my best friend suggested some books for me to read and it lead me to discover the whole bookish community.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
Crown of Midnight by: Sarah J. Maas
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
When I was about 5 (Diary of a Wimpy kid by: Jeff Kinney!!)
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
I don’t have a favorite children’s book author.
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
I keep talking about him but John Green! I love him so much and it would be an honor to interview him!
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
(Insert John Green here again)
47.What book have you reread the most?
I don’t usually reread books except for Harry Potter.
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
I literally don’t know…
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
Harry Potter. I don’t know why, just because I love that series so much.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
Why should books be banned? The only book I can think of that really should be banned it fifty shades of grey (don’t know who its by LOL)
Well That is 50! I hope you liked this post! If you would like to see more from me be sure to check out my Instagram @bloggingbooknerd! I hope that you have a very good day!!